Austin Texas Land Partition Lawyer and Austin Texas Real Estate Partition Attorney Handles Central Texas Land Partition Lawsuits by Austin Texas Land Partition and Texas Real Estate Partition Lawyer Jason S. Coomer

Austin, Texas Land, Building, and House Partition Lawyer Jason Coomer represents heirs, family members, and beneficiaries that have inherited real estate and want to partition or divide real estate including forcing sales of buildings or houses. He handles real estate partition claims in central Texas including Travis County, Williamson County, Bexar County, Bastrop County, Burnet County, Llano County, Blanco County, Comal County and Hays County as well as works with other Texas probate lawyers across Texas including Dallas County, Harris County, Fort Bend County, and Tarrant County.

For questions on a Texas Real Estate Land Partition, please use our contact form to submit an inquiry regarding a Real Property matter or send and e-mail message to Austin Texas Land Partition Attorney Jason S. Coomer.

Texas Land Partition Lawyer

What is a Real Estate Partition (Partition in Kind v. Partition by Sale)?

In simple terms a real estate partition is dividing real estate interests. When the real estate is a large tract of land, the partition may be done as a partition in kind by dividing the land into sections. This process can be simple or complex depending on several factors. The goal is to make sure that the division or partition is fair among the owners. However, when the real estate is a house, building, or other real estate that may be impractical to divide ownership of a house or building the partition may need to be a partition by sale.

A partition in kind is a division of the property itself, whereas partition by sale constitutes a forced sale of the land, followed by division of the profits thus realized among the owners of the real estate. A common example of the partition by sale occurs when more than one person inherits a house or building.

When Does a Real Estate Partition by Sale Occur?

A Real Estate Partition often occurs after heirs or beneficiaries inherit a house or other real estate that cannot be divided. In some instances all or some of the heirs or beneficiaries live out of state or have their own homes and have no need for another house. In other instances one or more of the heirs or beneficiaries do not want a house and the other heirs cannot afford to purchase that heir's interest in the house or building. In these situations, a real estate partition by sale may be necessary.

Can Partition Lawsuits Be Done on Contingent Contracts or Hybrid Contracts?

In some situations, family assets including real estate cannot be transferred or collected by their rightful owners, heirs, or beneficiaries because they cannot afford the cost of a lawsuit, probate, and other transfer costs. In these situations, a Texas Contingent Probate Lawyer or Texas Contingent Real Estate Partition Lawyer can sometimes work on a contingent or hybrid contract to help owners, heirs, and beneficiaries sell, free, or transfer estate property.

In these situations, the Texas Contingent Probate Lawyer will typically need to see that deed records to prove actual ownership of real property as well as information regarding the value of the real property to determine if a contingent contract or hybrid contract may be viable. For more information on a Texas Contingent Probate Contracts or Texas Hybrid Contracts, please feel free to go to the follow web page: Texas Contingent Probate Lawyer.

This is a map of Austin Texas Real Estate Neighborhoods.

Texas Real Estate Partition by Sale Actions

Texas Real Estate Partition Lawyer, Jason Coomer handles real estate partitions in Travis County, Williamson County, Bastrop County, Comal County, Blanco County, Llano County, Bexar County, and Hays County as well as works with other Texas probate lawyers across Texas including Dallas County, Harris County, Fort Bend County, and Tarrant County works to draft Wills and Trusts to protect the wishes and best interests of his clients. He works with Houston Real Estate Partition Lawyers, Dallas Real Estate Partition Lawyers, and several other Texas Real Estate Partition Lawyers. For questions on Texas Real Estate Partitions, please e-mail Austin Texas Will Contest Attorney Jason S. Coomer at or use our contact submission form.

Feel Free to Contact Us with any Questions

Anti-spam Question:


Admitted to Practice in the United States District Court Western District of Texas Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association Logo Austin Bar Association Logo Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association Logo San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association Logo